What is a Chatbot?
Chatbots are software applications that use artificial intelligence & natural language processing to understand what a human wants, and guides them to their desired outcome with as little work for the end user as possible. Like a virtual assistant for your customer experience touchpoints.
They can complete a number of tasks that your visitor might require, whether it be pointing them to the right product of interest, helping direct them through to your sales team, or making a booking or reservation. There is no end to what you can get a chatbot to do for you and everyone has slightly different requirements.
Ultimately they can act as a digital agent on your site, interacting with as many visitors as you have on your site at any one time and working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 52 weeks a year! They never stop.
How Do Chatbots Work?
One of the most interesting parts of the chatbot space is the variety of ways you can build a chatbot. The underlying technology can vary quite a bit, but it really all comes down to what your goals are. At the highest level, there are two types of chatbots most consumers see today:
• Rules-Based Chatbots – These chatbots follow pre-designed rules, often built using a graphical user interface where a bot builder will design paths using a decision tree.
• AI Chatbots – AI chatbots will automatically learn after an initial training period by a bot developer.
Today’s marketing & sales teams are under a lot of pressure to not only show results, but to constantly be improving the customer experience. It’s a big task. Not to mention the ever-increasing expectations of todays consumers (aka, the Amazon effect).
Today, we expect answers immediately and we expect that they will be accurate. This can be done with human beings up to a certain tipping point, then technology has to be the answer. This is why forward-thinking brands have adopted chatbots to help them:
• Increase their website conversion rate – Marketers put a lot of work in to drive traffic to their website, to only have that traffic convert anywhere between 0.25%-1.0%.
• Generate more qualified leads – It would be nice if we could talk to every lead and ensure they’re a good fit before we schedule a meeting. In reality, that’s impossible for most organizations to do at scale. Bots can help use advanced qualification logic to do lead qualification and improve sales acceleration.
• Combat Customer Churn – Bot are a perfect answer to high-volume support inquries, especially where customers become frustrated with standard knowledge bases that are hard to sift through.
What Are The Benefits of Chatbots?
Different Types Of Chatbot
There’s no denying the hype that’s been surrounding chatbots over the past few years. Whether you view the technology as a passing fad or believe that chatbots will revolutionize how people communicate and interact, the impact chatbots are having on online experiences is real…and it’s measurable.
The digital medium is the platform where your company can create the most connections, so we have created our own ChatBot to distribute your content via mobile, social media, funnels and websites to provide your customers with the best experience possible.
Want to see some ChatBots in action?
Get More Leads & Conversions With Engaging Chatbots
Grow your business with chatbots and conversational marketing. Chatbots have been shown to increase user engagement as well as conversion rates. It’s easy to get started with ConversioBot. Simply copy and paste one line of code to your website, and your bot will start interacting with your visitors.